I love finding clever solutions to the little snags I come across in cooking, building, cleaning, or just about anything. These are some that I find myself using all the time!
1. Use retail hangers as chip clips
2. For the always-falling zipper
4. Fit two bowls into a small microwave
6. Use a leaf blower and PVC pipes to clean gutters without a ladder
7. The easiest way to make an ice cream sandwich
8. Unclog drains without expensive chemicals
Pour a half a cup of baking soda and a cup of vinegar into a clogged drain. Once it stops foaming rinse down the sink and your drains will be clear. A cheap and environmentally friendly way to unclog a sink!
11. Stop people from stealing your pens at work
12. Putting your phone into airplane mode will charge it twice as fast
15. Fix a blurry phone camera
16. Wrap a wet paper towel around beer, and put it in the freezer to cool in just 2 minutes
18. Use a can opener on obnoxious plastic packaging
22. Create a bright light in a pinch
When camping or just in a pinch, a standard headlamp strapped to a 1 gallon jug of water can illuminate an entire room or tent.
24. Tell which side an exit ramp will be on
26. Chinese containers are designed to fold out into plates
27. Run the razor across old jeans to resharpen and extend its life.
30. Unwrinkle a shirt in a flash
31. Perfectly cut cherry tomatoes all at once
32. Keep a pot from bubbling over
Placing a wooden spoon over the top of boiling water will stop it from boiling over by bursting the bubbles.
33. Soft-drink lids can double as coasters
Avoid getting a tongue lashing from your mom for putting your cold drink on her new coffee table.
34. Pinching the end of a banana is a far easier way to open it.
35. Adding a teaspoon of of baking soda when you boil eggs and the shell will come off easily.
36. If you don’t have baking soda, then peel away a small hole at the top of the boiled egg and a large one on the bottom. Finally, put the small hole close to your mouth and blow.
37. Stack clothes vertically side by side in the dresser to save a lot of room
38. Charge your phone while traveling
Many hotel TVs have handy USB slots in the back that will charge most smartphones.
39. Folding shirts doesn’t have to be a tedious chore.
40. Pulling the bones out of a chicken wing makes it easier to eat. Just twist the bone and pull.
41. Place a plastic bottle on top of a yoke and gently squeeze to separate egg yolks from egg whites
42. Save space when packing a spare change of clothes.
44. Use AAA batteries in devices that require AA
Use AAA batteries in gadgets that need AA batteries by filling the gaps with scrunched up tin foil. It won’t last as long as AAs but it’ll help you out when you’re in a pinch!reddit.com
45. Avoid Elevator Pranksters
46. Play games without ads.
Putting your phone in airplane mode while gaming will stop those annoying ads from playing!
Good luck! Your life may never be the same again…