With all of the travel, planning, and potential stress the Christmas season can bring I thought in this episode we’d have a little fun! So here are 10 unusual facts about Christmas you may not have know.
What are some unusual facts that you know about Christmas? Share in the comments section at terrywilson3.com/496
Over half of American pet owners will buy gifts for their furry friends this Christmas, spending an overage of $46.
- There is a town in India called Santa Claus
- Based on St. Nick, Santa was once a pale, thin figure. The red robed, white bearded Santa of today was developed for a Coca-Cola campaign.
- Two weeks before Christmas is the most popular time for couples to break up – with Christmas Day the last popular.
- Despite the tale of three wise men, the Bible never gives a number. Matthew’s Gospel refers merely to “wise men”.
- Washington Irving created the image of Santa’s sleigh. His popular stories spawned a Christmas revival in America.
- The puritan pilgrims renounced Christmas, from 1659 to 1682, it was actually a crime to celebrate!
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was created in 1939 as an advert for a department store!
- The Bible doesn’t mention a date for Jesus’ birth. Many historians believe it was in spring.
- To visit every child on Christmas Eve, Santa would have to travel at 3000 times the speed of sound, visiting over 800 homes per second!