Top earners have coaches that help them achieve
Top performers in any field have coaches. The reasons they have coaches are varied but there’s a common thread connecting them all: top performers understand that coaching is a means of gaining access to the skills, knowledge, and insights of someone who has achieved what they are trying to achieve. Coaches are almost always accomplished people in their own right who continue to hone their skills every day; they know how to get results because they’ve done it themselves.
Why you need a coach.
If you’re like me, you may not be sure if a coach is for you. Maybe you think coaching is only for people who aren’t smart enough to figure things out on their own or who have difficulty making decisions. That couldn’t be further from the truth! I know many highly successful entrepreneurs who use coaches regularly. I am one of them to be clear. I have spent over $30k in one year for coaching and would tell you it was worth 10x what I paid.
The fact is that coaches can help top performers achieve more by giving them someone to talk to when they need it most. They can also help guide the way toward the right decision without being biased by personal opinions or emotions (as friends and family often are), which can make all the difference in achieving success.
What is coaching?
Coaching is a relationship between a coach and a client. It’s the process of helping someone to reach their goals. A coach helps you develop, improve performance and develop new skills.
You may have heard of life coaches or leadership coaches, who help people with personal development. But business coaching works in much the same way – except it focuses on improving your work life rather than your home life!
A coach will help you achieve your goals by focusing on your strengths
A coach can help you achieve your goals by focusing on your strengths. Coaches will help you set specific, measurable, attainable and realistic goals that align with these qualities.
Coaches keep their clients accountable for their actions and help them stay focused on their goals by setting up weekly check-ins and monthly reviews to see how they are doing against the plan that was set out at the beginning of the month or quarter. A coach will also help get rid of any bad habits that might be holding one back from making progress towards accomplishing their goal objectives as well as maintaining good health habits so that he or she is able to execute his/her tasks effectively without getting sick from exhaustion or overworking himself/herself in order to meet deadlines ahead of time
The power of observation
As a coach, my job is to help you see things you don’t see. Things like:
- The untapped potential in your business
- The possibilities that exist beyond what is currently happening with your business
- How others are doing things better than you and why that might be happening
Finding the right coach for you
Finding the right coach for you doesn’t have to be difficult, but it can seem overwhelming if you’re not sure where to start. Here are some tips on how to work with someone who’s right for you:
- Find someone who’s a good fit for your business and your goals. Are they going to help you grow as an entrepreneur? Does their style align with yours? Are they flexible enough that they’ll be able to meet your schedule, even if it means working late at night or early in the morning? Or do they just want one-on-one meetings once a week and then expect everything else gets done on its own?
- Look at their track record of past clients’ successes. What kind of results have other people seen after hiring them? Do those results match up with what you’re hoping for in terms of growth and development? If not, can the coach explain why (and does this mean he/she would still be able to help)?
- Make sure that both partners—you and your coach—are willing to work together within reasonable parameters set by both sides financially speaking (money talks). This might mean paying more than another option out there might charge but often times is worth it because everyone wins: You get what YOU need without going broke while someone else gets paid fairly well too!
A coach will help you improve performance and stay healthy
A coach is a person who can help you improve performance, stay healthy and avoid burnout.
- A coach will help you avoid injuries.
- A coach will help to ensure that you don’t get sick or get burned out by staying mentally fresh and physically energized.
- A good coach is aware of distractions that could take your attention away from your goals, like social media or other things on the internet (and even sometimes friends).
- A good coach knows how to create an environment where it’s easier for you to focus on getting stuff done without being distracted too much by stressors like money problems in your personal life or work not going well because there was a lot going on at work when it came down to crunch time (or whatever else happened).
A coach will help you gain clarity on what success means to you
It’s important to get clear on your definition of success. People define success differently, and your coach should be able to help you get clarity on what the word means for you.
After defining success, identify the areas in your life that would make you feel successful. Is it career? Family? Finances? Relationships? Other personal goals and values will also inform this area of focus. Your coach can help you identify these areas as well as how to prioritize them based on what matters most to you at this point in your life.
Top performers have coaches – and you don’t have to be considered a top performer, or already be successful, to have a coach.
In a recent study by the Talent Project, it was found that top performers have coaches. Coaches help them achieve their goals, stay healthy, focus on their strengths and gain clarity on what success means to them. The research also showed that most people in leadership positions do not have a coach or use one very infrequently (1-3 times per year).
So if you want to be considered a top performer or already are successful, then you should probably get yourself a coach. It’s not too late to start now! When you feel like you have lost your mojo, remember that with a coach, you can get clarity on your goals and make progress towards them. We’ve seen from our data that having a coach helps top performers stay healthy, motivated and focused on their goals. So whether it’s time to brush off your New Year’s resolutions or just find some well-deserved motivation in your life, I hope that this article will help!
I would be honored to speak with you regarding what your goals are to see if what I offer would be a fit to achieve your goals. Go to terrywilson3.com/coaching to apply for a complementary 30min coaching call. We select applicants from this section to offer a free 1 on 1 call to in order to see if what we offer in coaching would be a value to your over all goals. There’s no obligation and the 30min 1 on 1 call is completely free.